Lets do some checking, if regarding daily zikr, what are reasons that hold you from doing it?
- Forgot? It is good then to follow the tips I have given before such as set phone reminder or alarm at specific time (e.g. every 2 hours). It is also effective if you associate daily zikr with fardhu prayers; meaning that after prayers you take some time to recite those zikr. Begin with 3X only if that works for you.
- Busy? Try to do it if there is empty slot in your daily works such as lunch time, bus waiting, car driving etc.
- Others? try to find ways to overcome this!
Other suggestion: if you find zikr recitation seems boring, try to search and watch Youtube videos with "zikr" keyword. I have one that I love to watch everyday (by Malaysian singer).
How about regarding Quran recitation, what are reasons that hold you from doing it?
- Cannot read Quran? If so, then go to digital Quran website, choose selected surah and ayah, click the sound player and try to listen Quran reading by the selected reciter. Listen and imitate them repeatedly until you manage to copy them.
- Busy and always mobile? If so, use your handphone to download free android or IOS apps that contains audio player. For android phone, I suggest Quran Android. Take some time to open and recite using your phone app player. 1 or 2 ayah daily is enough for starting.
- Other? try to find ways to overcome this :)
For today task, I just want to add only one task, that is regarding giving reminder or sharing any good naseeha (advice) to your family, relatives or close friends. It can be anything such as:
- Just forwarding one email that you received regarding Islamic advice to your colleagues/ friends.
- In Facebook, you can click "LIKE" to any informative material that you read so that it will appear in your facebook wall and can be seen by others in your other groups.
- Other ways shown here - 101 ways to give Dawa.
Surat Al-Baqarah (The Cow)
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Hope that you can work on today task, and we'll see its progress tomorrow.